Chau Wong Yi Kung Study Hall
Chau Wong Yi Kung Study Hall, located at Shui Tau Tsuen of Kam Tin, was built in honour of Chou Yu-te and Wang Lai-jen, two imperial officials whose pleading with the Emperor ended the coastal evacuation, and enabled the inhabitants to return to their homes in 1669.
This study hall was erected in 1685 by the Tang clan in Kam Tin. Since then, the ch'iao festival has been held once every ten years to ask for blessings and to relieve the souls of the dead from purgatory. In the past, the study hall was also a place for education.
51 Tsuen Wan (Nina Tower) – Kam Tin
54 Yuen Long (West) – Sheung Tsuen
64K Tai Po KCR – Yuen Long (West)
77K Cheung Wah – Yuen Long (West)
Kam Sheung Road West Rail Station
alight at Mung Yeung School, Kam Tin Road, then walk along a track to Shui Mei Tsuen